Training Sessions – YOU MUST REGISTER WITH THE TRAINING PROVIDERS DIRECTLY. FOLLOW THE LINKS BELOW TO SIGN UP.
The Pre-conference training sessions take place on the Monday and Tuesday prior to the formal conference kickoff on Wednesday. In 2018 IPEIA is pleased to have the following Pre-Conference training options confirmed:
- ABSA : Repair and Alteration Seminar- 2 Day
- TSASK: Saskatchewan Pressure Equipment Safety Legislation Seminar-2 Day
- ABSA: AB-525 Overpressure Protection Requirements for Pressure Vessels and Pressure Piping- 1 Day
- ABSA: AB-528 Requirements for Reduced Supervision of Power Plants, Thermal Liquid Heating Systems, and Heating Plants ½ Day
The pre-conference training sessions normally have registration fee’s that are separate from the IPEIA conference delegate fee’s.
For further information or to register for a Pre-Conference Training Session please see link’s below:
ABSA Link: https://seminars.absa.ca/
DCM Integrated Solutions Inc. – Basic Welding and NDE Inspection Workshop
The course is intended to provide a basic understanding of welding and metal joining technologies,
possible discontinuities, inspection technologies, allowable In-service Boiler and Pressure Vessel repair methods
and includes a welding lab & NDE Lab, allowing candidates to explore and to recognize what inspection method is
best to use and what welding process to use for a given repair.
Target audience for this workshop is junior inspectors and other individuals desiring further exposure to welding
and inspection technology.
Objectives: The candidates can expect to acquire basic information and hands on experience with regards to:
- Metal Joining and Cutting Processes
- Weld and Base Metal Discontinuities
- Visual Inspection and Non-Destructive Examination Methods (UT, PAUT, MT, PT)
- Welding Lab (SMAW/GTAW/GMAW/FCAW)
- NDE Lab (Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) & Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT)
Course #1 :Monday March 5th, 2018 – 8:00am-5:30pm
Course #2: Tuesday March 6th, 2018 – 8:00am-5:30pm
Location: Banff Centre Sculpture Studio/Welding Lab- Glyde Hall
Maximum of 15 participants per course
Registration: Please contact Gordon Canning (587-338-2425) or Ken LaPlante (780-965-9321 for further information and to register.
- Students are required to bring steel toe boots (Mandatory) for the practical welding and NDE labs.
- All other PPE is provided by DCM.
- A signature of a liability waiver is required.
- Welding is taught by experienced B-Pressure and CWB registered welders.
Saskatchewan Pressure Equipment Safety Legislation Seminar
On January 1st, the new Saskatchewan Boiler and Pressure Vessel Regulations came into effect. Stakeholders should consider attending this course to hear first hand, the changes that will be taking effect. Under the guidance of recognized industry expert, Brian Krasiun, P.Eng and Principal Engineer of ASFALEIA Inspection & Management Services Ltd, attendees will not only be taken through the changes to the old Regulations, they will also be guided through the maze of legislation, codes and standards that regulate pressure equipment and piping in Saskatchewan. The course will provide attendees with a greater awareness, knowledge and understanding of the new Regulations and the many program areas regulated by the Technical Safety Authority of Saskatchewan (TSASK). The cost has remained the same for 2018 at $735 per registrant.
Click here for more information and to register: http://www.tsask.ca/boiler-pressure-vessels/pressure-equipment-safety-legislation-pesl