Tackling Integrity Challenges for Our Industry
Join the Conversation
IPEIA made significant changes to the 2019 “Inspectors” meeting held on the Wednesday morning from 8:00 to 10:00.
We discussed integrity issues common to all sectors of our industry! This impacts us all, and wanted you to be a part of the solution!!
Regulators and Industry Leaders along with representation from Alberta Municipal Affairs and the Chairs of the Industry Membership Groups participated in this unique opportunity along with the 2019 IPEIA Delegates to collaborate and tackle integrity issues common to all sectors of our industry.
The goal of this forum was to discuss topics that were both longstanding and complex. During this brief discussion, the expectation was not to solve these issues but rather build plans and work groups to take the ideas and suggestions and work them into solutions.
It is important to take note that this was not an “us” and “them” panel but rather a collaboration of all sectors working to achieve a common goal.
2019 topics discussed included:
- Application of CRN’s across the Jurisdictions
- Standardization of Inspector Certification
- Having Owner / User IMS programs bridging the jurisdictions
- Determine what it might take to allow companies to sell their CRN’s to others
- Determine what it might take to have a suite of approved “general” WPS’s that all fabricators could use.