We are excited to continue bringing to IPEIA … STUDENT POSTERS SESSION!!!
For the first time, Student Poster Sessions were held at the 2020 IPEIA Conference & Exhibition. The students were given the opportunity to showcase their knowledge while networking with industry leaders and experts. The positive feedback was overwhelming from both delegates and students! IPEIA looks forward to the 2021 Student Poster Sessions. STUDENTS apply NOW as space is limited!
We are thrilled to highlight the winner of the Student Poster Session at the 2020 IPEIA Conference & Exhibition… Ms. Tina Chen!
“My experience at IPEIA was above anything I had expected, from the amazing networking opportunities to the delicious food and drinks, it was an unforgettable experience. I was able to meet people from all over the pressure equipment integrity industry, including those who worked for the companies I had applied to. Having a poster meant that I had working professionals approaching me, something that I don’t believe I would have the opportunity to experience in any other situation. I learned more about the industry in my few short days there than all the time I have spent at school. Additionally, as a student who has never presented a poster before this, the feedback I received has been instrumental in helping me complete my capstone project. I would highly recommend any student who is on the fence about submitting an abstract for next year to do it, it only takes 15 minutes to fill out the form to have a chance to spend a few days in Banff.”
Tina Chen, Materials Engineering Technology, NAIT
||Students who are enrolled in post-secondary institutions in programs that are aligned to the Pressure Equipment Industry.
Students enrolled in internship or co-op programs.
- Provide a forum for students to share their knowledge with the IPEIA community
- Offer an opportunity for students to help solve problems identified in the industry
- Build interest in pressure equipment integrity amongst peers
- Raise awareness for opportunities afforded through participation in the IPEIA conference (networking)
- Expand students’ knowledge of the pressure equipment industry and the many, varied opportunities that exist within the industry
|Value to Students
||Value to IPEIA
||Value to Delegates/Members
|Networking opportunities and exposure to industry leaders
||Expand IPEIA’s Technical Program
||Different format for learning
|Opportunity to build on their presentation skills
||Engagement with educational institutions to broaden IPEIA’s reach to future delegates/memberships
||Exposure to next generation of industry leaders and networking for relationship building and potential recruitment
|Access to highquality presentations and to be a part of a well-respected International Pressure Equipment Integrity Conference
||Seek support for potential government funding to work with educational institutions to help solve problems in the industry
||Influence the types of posters presentations needed (research) and solutions for industry problems
|Attend the 2021 conference – funded by IPEIA
|Call for Student Posters Abstract Submissions
||April 15, 2020 – October 31, 2020
|Posters Review & Approval
|LIVE – Student Poster Session
||March 4 – 5, 2021
|Award Ceremony – Best Student Poster
||March 5, 2021
- 4 student posters will be selected from the submitted abstracts as finalists for the 2021 IPEIA conference
- Students will attend Thursday and Friday of the 2021 conference to present their posters to delegates during scheduled Poster Sessions
- IPEIA will sponsor the student conference registration fee and the Thursday night hotel accommodation for the finalists
- Best Student Poster will be awarded
If you are keen to be a part of the Student Poster Sessions and to be recognized in your industry, submit your completed form to email@example.com by OCTOBER 31, 2020