We are excited to bring to IPEIA… STUDENT POSTERS SESSION!!!
As announced during the Awards Ceremony at the 2019 IPEIA Conference & Exhibition, IPEIA is adding to their Technical Program!!! This is an excellent opportunity for STUDENTS to become more involved at IPEIA and to share their knowledge.
Posters should have applicability to the pressure equipment industry and technologies and be relevant to the design, construction, operation, in-service inspection, repairs and maintenance of pressure equipment and storage tanks. Posters should have applicability to the pressure equipment industry and technologies and be relevant to the design, construction, operation, in-service inspection, repairs and maintenance of pressure equipment and storage tanks.
Suggested topics include but not limited to:
• Materials / Welding
• Engineering Analysis and Design
• Inspection and NDE / New technologies
• Research / Industry solutions
||Students who are enrolled in post-secondary institutions in programs that are aligned to the Pressure Equipment Industry.
Students enrolled in internship or co-op programs.
- Provide a forum for students to share their knowledge with the IPEIA community
- Offer an opportunity for students to help solve problems identified in the industry
- Build interest in pressure equipment integrity amongst peers
- Raise awareness for opportunities afforded through participation in the IPEIA conference (networking)
- Expand students’ knowledge of the pressure equipment industry and the many, varied opportunities that exist within the industry
|Value to Students
||Value to IPEIA
||Value to Delegates/Members
|Networking opportunities and exposure to industry leaders
||Expand IPEIA’s Technical Program
||Different format for learning
|Opportunity to build on their presentation skills
||Engagement with educational institutions to broaden IPEIA’s reach to future delegates/memberships
||Exposure to next generation of industry leaders and networking for relationship building and potential recruitment
|Access to highquality presentations and to be a part of a well-respected International Pressure Equipment Integrity Conference
||Seek support for potential government funding to work with educational institutions to help solve problems in the industry
||Influence the types of posters presentations needed (research) and solutions for industry problems
|Attend the 2020 conference – funded by IPEIA
|Call for Student Posters Abstract Submissions
||June 2019 – December 2019
|Posters Review & Approval
|LIVE – Student Poster Session
||February 27 & 28, 2020
|Award Ceremony – Best Student Poster
||February 28, 2020
- 4 student posters will be selected from the submitted abstracts as finalists for the 2020 IPEIA conference
- Students will attend Thursday and Friday of the 2020 conference to present their posters to delegates during scheduled Poster Sessions
- IPEIA will sponsor the student conference registration fee and the Thursday night hotel accommodation for the finalists
- Best Student Poster will be awarded a prize valued at $500 (e.g. tablet)
If you are keen to be a part of the Student Poster Sessions and to be recognized in your industry, submit your completed form to email@example.com by DECEMBER 15, 2019
To see a sample student poster, hit the button below!