Shape and influence the Pressure Equipment Industry!!!
IPEIA2020’s integrity challenge forum (ICF) will be held on Wednesday, February 26 (8:00am – 10:00am) at the Kinnear Centre and is an opportunity to work together to solve industry issues. Space is limited to ONLY 100 attendees. Use your knowledge to impact the industry:
*Where can we improve?
*What are we missing?
*What does industry need changed?
The ICF is a MUST ATTEND meeting for anyone working in the integrity field, where you’ll have the ear of leaders (regulators, government representatives, owner user industry, technical experts, etc.) who can drive the change that is needed to ensure the #continual #improvement of our great industry!
Why do we do this?
IPEIA initiated the Integrity Challenge as part of the 2019 Pre-Conference. The intention was to bring the Pressure Equipment Integrity Community together to identify and find solutions to industry specific issues.
Industry Groups and regulators were polled to find several broad issues for discussion. The Pre-Conference committee shortlisted the topics and selected two for small group discussion at the Integrity Challenge. The question posed to the groups was to decide whether there is an industry need to standardize inspector requirements across Canada or even across the western provinces AB, SK, BC. Responses from the groups were recorded and categorized into 3 broad areas:
- Difference between inspection vs. assessment
- Triangle between competency, qualifications and certification
- Jurisdiction harmonization
Task Group Members
- IPEIA Pre-Conference Committee organized a Task Group “IPEIA TG-01” comprised of Qualified and competent Industry Group members who are working on the identified problem and IPEIA Members who are facilitating discussions.
- Discuss the topics listed above with the ultimate goals of:
- Providing standardization of inspectors/assessors competencies,
- Raising the bar for the inspection industry competencies,
- Improving confidence in inspections performed,
- Saving time, creating more efficiencies for those personnel (such as Chief Inspectors) disseminating inspection/assessment reports.
- Create a unified Industry Task Force to provide a unified voice to Regulatory Agencies
- Volunteers work on tasks and report progress and determine how to move forward at each meeting